Sunday, July 15, 2012

Arundel Castle - the Garden

Our friend Derrick drove us down to the small town of Arundel to visit Arundel Castle. We were very impressed by the Garden and I decided it would have its own blog.



The grounds of the castle are quite impressive but a surprise awaited us on the other side of this gate.


I don't know what we were expecting, but this exceeded expectations, to us that awful phrase.



After a while, I realized that all of the buildings, statues, columns and seats were made out of wood.






Not everything was wood, there was some ceramic.



Yes, these are deer antlers. I'm not putting in much more commentary. Just keep scrolling through this amazing garden.














The church was outside the castle and garden walls and belonged to the town. Not a bad backdrop for your garden, however.


























One of my brother in laws supplied the clothes for the scarecrow. I will leave it to you to decide which one. Actually it was a trick question. Both could have.




A cat made an appearance and then wandered off.












According to Derrick, it is known as a 'stumpery'.



























It was only after watching it for a while that I realized that the column of water was keeping the crown up.


























And so we wandered out of this amazing garden. The effort involved in constructing it and then the upkeep must be considerable. I would really like to go back on a day with a beautiful blue sky.

My mother would have loved this garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment